Friday, May 30, 2014

Project Botanical: Rhododendron

Between moving, mini vacation, and a kitchen remodeling project, I've been lacking in creative output. I did manage to draw another illustration in route to Kentucky, but then the kitchen took over...

  Kitchen: Before and After

So, yesterday, I decided to start a project that I have had in the back of my mind for a while. Botanical prints.

I want to gather pictures of local flowers and plants and take scientific-like photos of them for reference. Maybe, in the winter, when things slow down again, I can whip out some botanical prints for my home decor and some shop items.
The first flower on my list is the rhododendron, West Virginia's state flower.

Project Botanical: Rhododendron

So, I did a quick pen sketch, trying to focus on the quality of line the petals made.

Pen sketch: Rhododendron

Blessings,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment